I fell in love with this image when I saw it. My children constantly amaze me with all they have learned from books they read for pleasure. I only have a tumblr source, so if you know the artist and title please give me a heads up.
New Books (and a little cover talk):
- Julia Kagawa discusses the new cover for Immortal Rules on her blog. I confess that, though I don't really think the new cover is particularly spectacular or anything, I think all of her reasons for the change are spot on and that the new cover is much better than the original (and it gets rid of the pesky whitewashing problem.) Also, yay for The Eternity Cure this year! I am waiting for entirely too many sequels in 2013.
- Neil Gaiman has a new adult novel ( a new novel written for adults, as opposed to a novel for people who are new to adulthood) coming out this year!!! The Ocean at the End of the Lane: A Novel will be released this June and I cannot wait! Not that I don't love all the children's books he's recently been releasing (because I DO love them), I am just excited for the new Gaiman book to be going on my shelf rather than the kids'.
- Gail Carriger (she of the Parasol Protectorate novels) has a new Young Adult novel, Etiquette & Espionage, set to release in February. You can get the first three chapters for FREE right now. And if you still need more, io9 has an exclusive excerpt from later in the book.
- If you haven't had enough talk about exciting 2013 releases, head over to the midnight garden and enter to win a bundle of January 2013 releases worth over $88!
- It's that time of year again! Time to apply to be a book giver for World Book Night! (Even though the little peanut will be a very little peanut, this is one event that my husband and I just can't miss.) Check out their website to see the list of 2013 books, or just to learn more about what they do.
Books in Movie (and TV) Land:
- There are rumors about that JK Rowling will be writing a Doctor Who story...could that really get any better?!
- Finally, Entertainment Weekly has released their latest Hunger Games cover! I am just not sure if I am sold on Sam Claflin as Finnick Odair; he just looks a little young? small? something? (Or maybe it's that I'm a 30 something judging a character in a teen book for looking like a teen. Ahem.) Not that it will stop me from watching Catching Fire as soon as humanly possible! via Tor